Have you heard of DJI Fly, the app needed to launch it into the air, gain access to all its features, and receive the most recent updates? Even though DJI’s drones are simple to fly, some devices may not have the app available.
You can use DJI Fly to calibrate the compass and IMU, access the FlySafe database, update the firmware on your drone, and, of course, fly your drone.
The Google Play Store no longer offers the DJI Fly app. Install the DJI Fly app on your smartphone by visiting the DJI website if you want to connect your drone to your phone. We’ll tell you how to install DJI fly app on android in this post. Keep reading!
What Drones Use the DJI Fly App?
The latest products from the Chinese giant DJI use the new DJI Fly instead of the outdated (but still highly regarded) DJI Go for flying operations. Few drones currently use DJI Fly because it is still fairly new, but the number is expanding with each launch.
These are the drones that use DJI Fly:
- DJI Mini 2
- DJI Mavic Mini
- DJI Mini SE
- DJI Mavic 3
- DJI Air 2S
- DJI Mavic Air 2
- DJI FPV
If rumors are accurate, this list will soon increase with the arrival of the new DJI Mini 3 in all of its variations.
- How To Charge DJI Mavic Mini Controller?
- How Long To Charge DJI Mini 2 Battery?
- How To Turn Off DJI Mini 2?
- Is DJI Mini 2 Waterproof?
How to Install DJI Fly on Android?
It’s time to download the app on your preferred phone or tablet now that you almost know everything there is to know about the DJI Fly system’s requirements, the devices that work best with it, and why.
Follow the steps below:
- Follow this link to download the latest version of the DJI Fly app.
- Tap on ‘Download Android APK‘. If a warning that says ‘file might be harmful’ pops up, tap on ‘Download anyway‘.
- When the app is downloaded, tap on Open to begin the installation.
If an ‘Open With‘ notification pops up, choose Package Installer, then ‘Just Once‘.
- If the browser you are using shows you a warning telling you that you cannot install apps from unknown sources, tap on Settings and allow it to Install Unknown Apps.
Since I use Google Chrome, I turned on that button.
- Open the DJI Fly app by tapping on it in the Apps menu.
Related: DJI App Not Working
What About Apple (iOS)?
Apple users can download the most recent versions of each DJI app directly from the Apple App Store instead of through the DJI download center.
DJI apps receive regular updates to fix bugs and make minor performance enhancements. To ensure that your app performs at its best, be sure to update it frequently through the app store.
How to Update Your Drone’s Firmware
Let’s look at how to obtain the most recent firmware for your drone, which DJI advises you have.
- First, ensure that your drone battery level is at least 40% and the controller 20%.
- Power on the aircraft and then on the remote controller.
- Open the DJI Fly app on your device.
- Ensure that the aircraft and the controller are successfully linked.
- A notification informing you that a new firmware version is available will show up if your phone is online. Click “update.”
- Once you are on the firmware update page, tap on ‘update’ once again.
- Wait until the app updates the drone firmware.
- Do not turn off the app. It is normal if it is taking some time to update the firmware. The aircraft might turn on and off by itself while this is happening.
- The drone will shut itself off once it has finished updating.
- Power it back on.
You May Also Like: What Does Sport Mode Do On DJI Drones?
Designed to help pilots fly drones with ease, the DJI Fly app is the perfect app for all those who own or plan to get a DJI Mavic drone.
Now you should know how to how to install Android DJI fly app If you have other problems during installation, leave your comment below！